Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Muralidhar Yaragalla <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/17 21:17:14 UTC

help on websockets

Hi I have downloaded the tomcat 7.0.37 and trying to run the websocket chat
program which is with "javax.wesocket" annotations but the annotations are
not being recognized. how to run this on tomcat.

--
Thanks And Regards,
*Muralidhar Yaragalla.

Re: help on websockets

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Muralidhar Yaragalla wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 2:19 AM, Caldarale, Charles R <
> Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>
>>> From: Muralidhar Yaragalla [mailto:java.yaragalla@gmail.com]
>>> Subject: Re: help on websockets
>>> sorry, I use gmail and i am not sure how to avoid top-posting.
>> Write your response _below_ the point you are replying to.  (This has
>> nothing to do with gmail.)
>>
>>  - Chuck
>>

>> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY
>> MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you
>> received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and
>> its attachments from all computers.

> Ok thanks.
*Just* below the item to which you are responding is even better.

Re: help on websockets

Posted by Muralidhar Yaragalla <ja...@gmail.com>.

RE: help on websockets

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Re: help on websockets

Posted by Muralidhar Yaragalla <ja...@gmail.com>.
sorry, I use gmail and i am not sure how to avoid top-posting.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM, Christopher Schultz <
chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

Thanks And Regards,
*Muralidhar Yaragalla.
*

Re: help on websockets

Posted by Muralidhar Yaragalla <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christopher,
     I dont want to go for those examples which might be in effect from
tomcat8. I am fine with tomcat7 and examples that comes with the
distribution. I am using websockets but i have centralized that code so
when websocket spec changes and when tomcat provides implementation for new
spec that point of time i will change the code. They are only 1-2 classes.
so no problem.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Christopher Schultz <

Re: help on websockets

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: help on websockets

Posted by Muralidhar Yaragalla <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christopher,
The following is the link in tomcat7 docs
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/web-socket-howto.html

in this under the application development section there is a pointer to
server side code which shows an example implementation of chat application
with annotations. You can have a look at it.

Re: help on websockets

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: help on websockets

Posted by Muralidhar Yaragalla <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. Without implementing jsr why would they show examples in tomcat7
online docs. It is so much confusing. Thanks anyway.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 2:00 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 17/03/2013 20:17, Muralidhar Yaragalla wrote:
> > Hi I have downloaded the tomcat 7.0.37 and trying to run the websocket
> chat
> > program which is with "javax.wesocket" annotations but the annotations
> are
> > not being recognized. how to run this on tomcat.
>
> Tomcat 7.0.x does not (yet) implement JSR-356.
>
> Tomcat's JSR-356 implementation is a work-in-progress on trunk (i.e.
> Tomcat 8.0.x). Once the JSR-356 implementation is complete, the
> non-JSR-356 WebSocket implementation in Tomcat 7 will be deprecated and
> the JSR-356 implementation ported from trunk to replace it.
>
> Mark

Thanks And Regards,
*Muralidhar Yaragalla.
*