Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/19 11:41:40 UTC

Block Cursor

Hi to all,
for the 1.5 (or if simple maybe for the 1.4.1), what do you think on
add a new (but very old-style) cursor:
the block (opt also with blinking) ?
I don't know if it's the right name for it, but for example here is a
sample: http://www.answers.com/topic/block-cursor

This could help to improve readability when filling forms, when enabled.
Tell me to open the jira ticket.

Bye

Re: Block Cursor

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
I would suggest putting it in 1.5 or even 2.0, since it is a fairly low priority.

Re: Block Cursor

Re: Block Cursor

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Right. Any given the current implementation of TextAreaSkin (and TextInput), it actually wouldn't be that hard to do. The caret is simply a Java2D shape - it is currently a 1-pixel wide rectangle, but we could generate a different shape if we wanted to.

Re: Block Cursor

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.

Re: Block Cursor

Re: Block Cursor

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK, modern word processors and web browsers and such don't support it, so
it'd be pretty esoteric.  Do you have a use case that calls for this?

-T