Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stephen Raj <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/07 23:56:07 UTC

Unable to Change password in LDAP browser

Hi,

I am using eclipse plugin for LDAP browser which I installed from the
following location (http://directory.apache.org/studio/update/1.x) and
apacheds1.0.2 as my directory server.

I am able to create new users in the directory server and after creating I
could verify the new userpassword attribute using the password editor on the
LDAP browser by clicking "Verify" and "Bind" buttons. Both are successful.

When I change the password using the password editor on the LDAP browser,
Only Verify operation returns success but Bind operation fails.

Please provide your input to fix this issue. I am trying to achieve this
programatically in JAVA. It would be great if you could share some code
snippet for changing password and binding the user with the new password.

Thanks,
Stephen

Re: Unable to Change password in LDAP browser

Posted by Stephen Raj <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for your response. I tried installing the latest apache directory
server 1.5.7 and I am not able to start the server. I have attached the log
file.

Thanks,
Stephen

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.