Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by vincent blondel <vi...@chello.be> on 2002/11/19 18:46:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache and Athlon MP processors

Hi all,

I just bought a new computer with 2 cpu's Athlon MP 1800+. I am now
installing Apache but I don't know if there are specifications to manage
multi processors.

- Are there compilation flags I can set to compile the source ???
- does the autoconf script compile sources with special parameters or can I
take the one I compiled on a single processor config on my Athlon XP
processor ???
- what is the default behavior when Apache runs on configuration with multi
processors ???
- Does it auto-balance automatically on both processors ???
- Is that possible to configure Apache to run on a specific processor ...
cpu0 or cpu1 ???

Thanks in advance for your comprehension.
Vincent.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache and Athlon MP processors

Posted by Jacob Coby <jc...@listingbook.com>.
> I am using Slackware 8.0 with kernel 2.4.18 ...

As long as you are running the SMP-enabled kernel (uname -a has SMP in it),
you're ready to take advantage of both processors.

As to forcing apache to run on a specific processor, I don't know of a way,
maybe someone else can give you some instructions.

-Jacob

Re: [users@httpd] Apache and Athlon MP processors

Posted by vincent blondel <vi...@chello.be>.

Posted by Jacob Coby <jc...@listingbook.com>.
> - Are there compilation flags I can set to compile the source ???

You can use the -j 2 flag with make to have Apache compile faster.

> - what is the default behavior when Apache runs on configuration with
multi
> processors ???

Same as on a single.