Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us> on 2004/07/01 19:15:35 UTC

Underscore in password

Our Subversion repository is running with the Apache server on Win2K,
using the SSPI module which authenticates against a Windows domain. The
repository does not allow any type of anonymous read or write access.

One of our users was able to both view the repository from his web
browser, as well as check out files using the Windows command-line
client, using his Windows Domain login. However, on Unix he was unable
to authenticate. His password had an underscore in it; once he changed
his password to letters and numbers only, it worked. The Apache error
log was indeed showing "unknown username or bad password".

So I'm not sure where the problem lies, but I would guess it's the Unix
client since that's the only variable. Is this some sort of locale
issue? A problem with the $LANG or $TERM settings? We didn't try
escaping the underscore or anything like that. Any ideas here?