Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/05/05 17:38:13 UTC

Re: SAXParserException

The exception means that your document contains a non-XML character, and
hence can't be processed correctly by an XML parser. This suggests that
whatever is generating the document or delivering it to you is broken...

______________________________________
Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"may'ron DaroQbe'chugh vaj bIrIQbej"  ("Put down the squeezebox and nobody
gets hurt.")

RE: SAXParserException

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.
Unicode is the character set. Unicode 0x0 is the character whose numeric
code is 0x0 -- yes, that's NUL.

If this is only happening intermittantly, I'd suspect there's a timing
problem somewhere in the data path. The question is where. Best suggestion
I can offer is that you install a filter in the data stream before it
reaches Xerces which reports that character if it goes by; if this filter
reports positive, then the problem isn't in Xerces.

RE: SAXParserException

Posted by Shital Joshi <sh...@mfgsys.com>.
But when I refresh that page, it works just fine. And it happens very few
times, not all the times. What does "(Unicode: 0x0)" mean? Does it mean
"null" ?

-Shital Joshi
MFG Systems