Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "David P. Donahue" <dd...@ccs.neu.edu> on 2005/01/17 04:09:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache writing, but not reading PID file

I just upgraded from 1.3.31 to 1.3.33 on Slackware 10 and noticed an
interesting problem with my httpd.  It starts fine with "apachectl
start" and the httpd.pid file is created exactly where I told it to be
in the httpd.conf file (/var/log/apache/httpd.pid).  However, when I try
"apachectl stop" or "apachectl restart" it tells me that the server is
not running and just leaves the existing processes alone.  Any ideas?

Regards,
David P. Donahue
ddonahue@ccs.neu.edu

Re: [users@httpd] Apache writing, but not reading PID file

Posted by "David P. Donahue" <dd...@ccs.neu.edu>.
Much better, thanks!

Posted by Dick Davies <ra...@hellooperator.net>.

--
'Some people, when confronted with a problem, think I know, I'll use
regular expressions. Now they have two problems.'