Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Johnson, Xandy" <xa...@fgm.com> on 2004/07/19 03:24:27 UTC

RE: RE: Cygwin/svn;v105: binary files specified with eol-style:nativegetting crlf-corrupted

I don't know anything about the previous thread, but...

It seems that Subversion works properly on binary mounted file systems.
However, I would still assert that the fact that it doesn't work on text
mounted filesystems is a bug in the Cygwin port of Subversion.
Subversion should open files in binary mode (except, of course, when
line-ending conversion is desired).

An explanation of text and binary modes in Cygwin is available here:
<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-textbinary.html>.

Xandy

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Johnson, Xandy wrote:
> It seems that Subversion works properly on binary mounted file systems.
> However, I would still assert that the fact that it doesn't work on text
> mounted filesystems is a bug in the Cygwin port of Subversion.
> Subversion should open files in binary mode (except, of course, when
> line-ending conversion is desired).

You're right of course. I'd actually forgotten Cygwin's textmode feature
existed, it's been so long since I've used it.

/me greps the subversion source for apr_file_open

Mx.