Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by David Wei <we...@kingsoft.com> on 2008/10/15 03:00:49 UTC

Does HBase 0.18.0 not support HQL anymore?

We are just trying to use HBase and Hadoop in our production and hoping
them leverage our data manipulation performance. After deploying in 2
nodes, everything at first looks just fine and no error logs when
starting Hadoop and HBase (all version are 0.18).
But when we start hbase shell for trying to use HQL, it doesn't work! we
have use "help" in shell for the commands list and find that it seems
HBase does not support HQL(0.18) anymore.

Does anybody know about this issue?

Thx!

David

Re: Does HBase 0.18.0 not support HQL anymore?

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
David,

HQL was replaced in 0.2.0 by a ruby shell. See
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Shell

Sorry for the inconveniences

J-D