Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Archie <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/25 19:24:10 UTC

Can I specify replication quota for a topic?

I know in kafka, quotas are used to control client traffic. Recently they
proposed something called replication quota which controls replication
traffic rate. I've read about them here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-73+Replication+Quotas>

But I still have few more questions regarding replication quota

a) Will replication quotas be valid even when partitions do not
move/reassigned? i.e. will replicas be rate-limited during normal
circumstances

b) Can I apply replication quota for a particular client-id? If yes, how
can I do that?

c) Can I apply replication quota for a particular topic? If yes, how can I
do that?

Thanks,
Archie