Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2019/07/10 22:56:41 UTC

Re: 8.0 upgrade issue

See comments in issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13617 which is now closed.

Appears you try to run Solr on a system with only 1Gb physical ram and allocate 1Gb to Solr. Remember that Linux also needs memory!

I’d leave 1Gb for Linux, 1Gb for Solr and 2Gb un-allocated, which will then be used automatically by Linux to cache your index files for better performance. If your index grows larger add more physical (free) ram, if you get OOM increase heap (Xmx).

So try a VM with 4Gb ram, and give 1Gb to Solr and iterate from there.

Jan