Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/12 20:46:50 UTC

Tamaya at JavaOne 2016: accepted

Dear all

long time I was not so active on the mailing list here. In the mean time I
was trying to setup integration with Apache Karaf and continued with some
UI and metamodel tasks. And I was engaging with Tamaya for talking on it at
conferences, so I am happy to tell you that "Configure once, run
everywhere" was successfully accepted for this year's JavaOne in SF and
also for the BedCon days in September (as well as a few other events).

So if somebody may help in getting the Tamaya stuff running within Karaf,
we could immedeately grow our user basis. Who does have time to help? I
tried a few things in the experimental Karaf module. Once things would be
running I am happy to help with writing a blog on how it works, so it could
be picked up by the Karaf/Servicemix guys ;)

J Anatole

--
*Anatole Tresch*
PPMC Member Apache Tamaya

Re: Tamaya at JavaOne 2016: accepted

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I did face a very similar situation with my after lunch talk at DevoXX
BE (literally on Nov 13th, but I only learned of the Paris attacks when I
waited for my plane in AMS)
Not only had some people already gone, there were at least 2 competing
Cloud/Microservice talks by Google and Microsoft plus a "keynote style"
closing talk by a celebrity Blackhat-turned-Whitehat hacker. Yet there must
have been over 100 people also thanks to Yara and Vinicius with their IoT
gadget session before mine ;-)

We (Leo, Otavio and myself) have a JSR 363 BOF on Monday at 7pm. It
slightly overlaps with the JCP Party, but hope we can gather a few people
and take them to the party afterwards, also to celebrate the Final Release
of 363 among other things;-)
BOFs can be much worse, e.g. 10pm while another popular party already
ended;-D

Werner

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
How about JavaOne?

Was the day of your session already unveiled, or just the fact it's
approved?

While unaware of Mark's "Skunkwork" rush the topic of possible new JSRs has
been discussed by the EC a few times. We brushed the topic on Tuesday but
others (like the Java EE situation) took most of the time, so it was
postponed to future meetings. Which could be the September F2F before
JavaOne. Should you be there a few days before JavaOne starts, then those
who are there and have something interesting to propose might be welcome
and invited by the EC at the F2F. Otherwise JavaOne itself is said to have
Java EE announcements (by Oracle and the EE Spec Leads) and I am pretty
sure there will also be chances to meet and discuss those ideas directly at
JavaOne. Either sessions like yours or Hackergarten.

CU there,
Werner

Werner

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net>.
I will be there!

--
N Oliver B. Fischer
A Sch�nhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Hi *,

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net>.
Hi Anatole,

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 5:12 PM P. Ottlinger <po...@apache.org> wrote:

> Am 12.07.2016 um 22:46 schrieb Anatole Tresch:
> > And I was engaging with Tamaya for talking on it at
> > conferences, so I am happy to tell you that "Configure once, run
> > everywhere" was successfully accepted for this year's JavaOne in SF and
> > also for the BedCon days in September (as well as a few other events).
>
> cool - congrats!
>
> I guess we need to fix the homepage until that time ...

Agreed.  To the homepage!

Also, see you guys at JavaOne!

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations. Thanks for sharing and see you at JavaOne.

Werner