Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2003/10/22 14:02:43 UTC

DOM->JAXME INITAL PHASE DONE

Hi All,Dims

We think now it is the time to people at dev list see the JAXME
refactoring work we have done so far. Here is the proposed outline(half
way finished) of our work.

tasks
-----
1) We create a Map in Symbol table that keep all the Schema Types parsed
by the JAXME. you can always ask for a given type and information about
that type.
The information taken by DOM parsing is also kept in Symbol table. which
means you have two ways to get information. :)
2) replacing the references to the SchemaUtils in toJava with the
information taken from the JAXME Map.
3)replacing the references to the SchemaUtils in the SymbolTable
package. (specifically SymbolTable class)
4)replacing the references to the getNode method in the TypeEntry with
jaxme logic
5) remove TypeEntry and other unused classes in the Symbol table and
handover the everything to JAXME :)

we have done 1,2 tasks of the list. due to complications(listed below)
there are few  references not yet replaced. The code written so far is
tested with "ant clean junit tests and running set of selected  wsdl's
and done a diff with current code generated staff.
(they are OK .. sometimes the order of parameters has changed .... it is
ok I believe  )

we are looking forward for the comment's, expecting your help(see
complications) to finish this ...

Srinath,Dimuthu,Jeyakumaran,Pavan

----
Dims
How should we continue/ how can we send the code/ ,If this sounds OK can
we start new temporary branch so other's can comment and help :)
Can u please help us to get fixed 1,3,5,6 with JAXME people (there are
not much people around in JAXME mailing list we can get help. / will
they fix them or do we have to find the solutions ?)

I think most important thing is to set up good set of WSDL's to test !

I believe Jochen(JAXME) is fixing complication#6
----

HOW TO HELP US.
---------------
code we have right now work full functionality (some reference not
replaced and are work with DOM).

It should work for tests (may be all test after bit refactoring with
wsdls) unless JAXME says the schema in wsdl is invalid. So when we set
up good test's anybody can change a one reference run all test's make
sure everything is OK :)

1) if(author's /anybody) familiar with  the referencing code(explained
task#2,3,4) are around we are grateful if they can {comment on the
changes we did,see will they work?/change it themselves/give us few
pointers how to change them.}

2)help us to get away from the issues explained by complications
specially (2,3,1)

3)One way to set up a good tests may be try to correct all test wsdls
and/or ask  dev-list to send us WSDL. (if u sending please change it to
Complications#2 when ever possible. )

Complications
-------------
1)method give the JAXME a node in, rather than giving a stream.
{ * we are using serialize the DOM node and give the stream in, the #2
is a result of  approach (I tried SerializationContext.writeDOMElement()
and use xerces serialization  staff both the same)
 * method Dims mentioned failed due then JAXME get the first tag that
should received  as document tag is send as startElement() by the XSLT.
I tried to set a condition  and called the documentElement method in
content handler then it failed saying  undefined  namespace.
 }

2)all the namespaces of the schema *MUST* defined on or inside the
schema element. (you have to fixed it manually for testing for the time
being)

3)how to get the non jaxme defined attributes(wsdl:arrayType attributes)
if any attribute is not defined by the Schema spec there is no way (We
can't find any) to get them using JAXME :(

4)importing of other XSD's  (two imports give problems .....should be ok
after the completion of refactoring )

5)have to use JAXME with AbstractXsSAXParser.startElement() method's
following part commented to get away from the undefined attribute's
Exception :(
	//throw new LocSAXException(ex.getClass().getName() + ": " +
ex.getMessage(),
    //getData().getLocator(), ex);
6) JAXME do not support (I can't find anyway to get the info and
getExtention gives null )
       <s:complexContent mixed="false">
          <s:extension base="s0:Status" />
        </s:complexContent> type of code.
Is it ok to drop this ...till JAXME people come up with something ....

End of the refactoring the WSDL2Java should following. : JAXME support
for the Schema
As of this writing, the following is supported:

All simple datatypes, excluding time intervals (minor issue, some hours
work, if anyone needs it)
Atomic elements, with and without attributes
Complex elements with content type empty, sequence, choice, or all.
Groups (but not nested groups)

The following is not yet supported:

Complex elements with simple content (minor issue, mainly requires
writing a test suite)
Mixed content
Wildcards
Key specifications
Recursion (Minor issue, mainly requires writing a test suite)

Re: DOM->JAXME INITAL PHASE DONE

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi dims,All

thanks, I will create the bugs ...

To create the branch hope it will be ok on tuesday or after. I might not
around monday.

Thanks for your time.

Srinath

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi dims,All;

there is bugzilla bugs createds one is fixed,(I submit test case for
other)

We have things to create a branch. branch should create only wsdl
direcotry I guess.
Please give us pointers to what to do.(no hurry, this is just to say we
are ready.)

regards

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Srinath,