Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ryan Moore <ry...@perigee.net> on 2004/09/24 17:52:32 UTC

SA3.0 Bayes SQL db size

Just have a question regarding storing Bayes in SQL with Spamassassin
3.0. I already converted the old dbm files and such, everything is
working good, question I have is performance and token count. Previously
I had set the max db size to 250000 tokens via the
bayes_expiry_max_db_size config option in my local.cf.

I had put a new server online last week and forgot to uncomment
'sa-learn --force-expire' in the crontab, so the db grew to 900000
tokens. Things still seemed to run quite smooth however, and I'm
guessing that SQL lets you have a much larger db without the performance
loss, just curious what other people in the same setup are using as a
max db size. This server doesn't process that much stuff, 100-150k
messages a week perhaps.

--

Ryan Moore