Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by yanivG <ya...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/12 17:21:10 UTC

memStore flush

Hi,
I have read that hbase keep a MemStore per each CF. When one of them reaches
the flush threshold, it flushes all MemStore. Is that true in version
0.94.6?

Also, is this new hStoreFile is immutable or is append enabled?

Thanks,
Yaniv

Re: memStore flush

Posted by ramkrishna vasudevan <ra...@gmail.com>.
>>is this new hStoreFile is immutable or is append enabled?
HStoreFile is immutable.

Regards
Ram

Re: memStore flush

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. What defect?

You can find the defect in this announcement:

http://search-hadoop.com/m/uFya22NivK42/0.94.6.1+download&subj=+ANNOUNCE+HBase+0+94+6+1+is+available+for+download

Cheers

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 8:12 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <

Re: memStore flush

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Yaniv,

Re: memStore flush

Posted by yanivG <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: memStore flush

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Yaniv,

Re: memStore flush

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Currently the flush decision is made using the aggregate size of all column
families. When large and small column families co-exist, this causes many
small flushes of the smaller CF.

Cheers