Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Buono Guglielmo <Gu...@tlc.semagroup.it> on 2001/06/28 17:27:12 UTC

Ant problems about compiling java classes

Hi,
My name is Guglielmo Buono and I am a member of Sema R&D group which
develops a VAS portal called Semaportal.
We are testing Ant to choose it as our builder tool but  I have a problem.

I would like to submit the following question about the ant target "javac".
I used this target to compile more than 1500 java files at the same time and
the program always replies: << System out of resources>> and the action
failed.
No messagges are displayed about that except for
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Could you suggest me if there is any configuration parameter to be set or is
it a bug?

Thanks.

Guglielmo Buono

Re: Ant problems about compiling java classes

Posted by Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>.
Buono Guglielmo wrote:

> Hi,
> My name is Guglielmo Buono and I am a member of Sema R&D group which
> develops a VAS portal called Semaportal.
> We are testing Ant to choose it as our builder tool but  I have a problem.

You should ask for help on ant-user, not here.

Glenn

Re: Ant problems about compiling java classes

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 6/28/01 8:27 AM, "Buono Guglielmo" <Gu...@tlc.semagroup.it>
wrote:

> Hi,
> My name is Guglielmo Buono and I am a member of Sema R&D group which
> develops a VAS portal called Semaportal.
> We are testing Ant to choose it as our builder tool but  I have a problem.
>
> I would like to submit the following question about the ant target "javac".
> I used this target to compile more than 1500 java files at the same time and
> the program always replies: << System out of resources>> and the action
> failed.
> No messagges are displayed about that except for
>   java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
>
> Could you suggest me if there is any configuration parameter to be set or is
> it a bug?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Guglielmo Buono

Try posting on the ant-user list.