Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/07 10:11:15 UTC

OFBiz & CI & Analysis

Hi All,

Over the past weeks we have setup and tested an analysis tool to run on the
OFBiz code to get some more insights about the quality of the OFBiz code.
This was a direct result of the request from the devops team(s) of
ORRTIZ.COM to strengthen their support.

*Building and testing OFBiz Trunk*
We already use a CI (for months now) to how a feel for how OFBiz builds and
how the tests within the code performs, but insights about the quality were
lacking. The new tool enables our devops team(s) to drill down through the
information faster and better to support our customers in a more efficient
en effective way. Our CI pulls changes from the OFBiz SVN (commits) every
day at 01:00 CET. We have setup our CI in such a way that test suites are
executed per component.

If you want to see how we support our devops team(s) with respect to CI,
please go to http://dev.orrtiz.com/jenkins and have a look.

*Analysing code in OFBiz Trunk*
We  are now able to share the first evolution of our implementation of the
anaysis tool with the community to help contributors to get a better
understanding of OFBiz. This analysis process runs daily at 07:00 CET,
after the CI has build and tested the changes in OFBiz trunk.

If you want to see  the analysis results produced by our tools, please go
to: http://dev.orrtiz.com/sonar and have a look.

As this is a first evolution, the quality of the information is still to be
improved. E.g., Java code coverage (e.g. with Cobertura or JaCoCo) still
needs to be implemented.

Should you wish further information on how we at ORRTIZ.COM do supports our
devops team(s), or have suggestions about how we can improve our
contributions to the OFBiz community, feel free to send an email directly
to me.

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: OFBiz & CI & Analysis

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Ha, surprised, it was working when I sent you the message below

Mmm, are you sure, this works for me https://analysis.apache.org/

But it's quite slow, and I got the 502 also when willing to see Tomcat results, ok unreliable atm indeed

Jacques

Re: OFBiz & CI & Analysis

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Jacques,