Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Pennio <jp...@imcva.com> on 2001/11/08 16:49:10 UTC

Tomcat 4.0 with Apache 1.3.22 Windows Install problem

Tomcat Users,

  I am in the process of trying to get Apache 1.3.22 and Tomcat 4.0 to
work together.

 It is probably a simple process but for all the searching I've done on
the subject I have yet to find 2 documents that describe the process the
same ...

  At this point I have installed the newer module "webapp_module", along
with the libapr.dll that I guess must be replacing the earlier
"mod_jserv" and "mod_jk" modules.

  The Apache httpd.conf file has been updated accordingly (see below) to
"load" and "add" the new module.  However, I'm still unable to get the
Apache side to route the jsp and servlet  pages to the Tomcat container.

Based on the instructions I was able to find, the Appache httpd.conf
file was updated as follows:
#tomcat updates to the Apache\config\httpd.conf  file
LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/

  The installation is for a winNT/Win2000 environment.

  Since this is a common install task can any one provide some
installation tips  or direct me to some up to date reference material
that explains how to get these two entities to work together?

  Thanks in advance ..

Re: Tomcat 4.0 with Apache 1.3.22 Windows Install problem

Posted by Xavier NOPRE <xn...@netceler.com>.
Hi,

>   At this point I have installed the newer module "webapp_module", along
> with the libapr.dll that I guess must be replacing the earlier
> "mod_jserv" and "mod_jk" modules.

The SO and DLL files must be extracted to MODULE directory (not libexex) and
Tomcat must be started before Apache start ..

Xavier