Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by csharpfan <ks...@live.com> on 2008/05/05 16:02:46 UTC

Can't run Tapestry 5.0.11 project

I am trying to run sample project from
Tapestry.5.Building.Web.Applications.Jan.2008.
Environment: Eclipse, Tomcat, Tapestry 5.0.11.
Error:
HTTP Status 404 - /t5first/
type Status report
message /t5first/
description The requested resource (/t5first/) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.14

The project consists of /t5first/java/com/packtpub/t5first/pages/Start.java,
/t5first/WebContent/Start.tml, /t5first/WebContent/WEB-INF/web.xml

I'd be very thankful for a ready source code (in .zip + .war file) of a
simple example project for Eclipse/Tomcat environment! (structure, which
files are necessary like web.xml, etc.)

I also have a java file with arraylist of links, .tml page. How to display
each value of that arraylist ?  (how to display those values in a form of
links or radiobuttons?)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: Can't run Tapestry 5.0.11 project

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
Are you getting errors in the tomcat log file? It looks like your web
app is failing to load.

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 6:32 AM, csharpfan <ks...@live.com> wrote:

> csharpfan wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to run sample project from
>> Tapestry.5.Building.Web.Applications.Jan.2008.
>> Environment: Eclipse, Tomcat, Tapestry 5.0.11.
>> Error:
>> HTTP Status 404 - /t5first/
>> type Status report
>> message /t5first/
>> description The requested resource (/t5first/) is not available.
>> Apache Tomcat/6.0.14
>> The project consists of
>> /t5first/java/com/packtpub/t5first/pages/Start.java,
>> /t5first/WebContent/Start.tml, /t5first/WebContent/WEB-INF/web.xml
>>

> Had to download hibernate.jar ... t5first project is working fine
>
> Now I created a new project and the same error :confused:
> Structure is the same, the same libs, the same code only package, java class
> and .tml file have different names (also source code is not imported).

TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
delivered fresh to your inbox.

Re: Can't run Tapestry 5.0.11 project

Posted by csharpfan <ks...@live.com>.