Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Dirk Olbertz <di...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/30 08:14:46 UTC

Using Shindig in a MIT licensed project

Hi,

I'm the lead developer of NoseRub (http://noserub.com), an open,
distributed social network and would love to have OpenSocial support
in it.

Now, the easiest way to achieve this would be to integrate Shindig
into the application. But as Shindig uses the Apache license and I
choosed the MIT license for NoseRub, I'm not quite sure if I'm
actually allowed to bundle Shindig with NoseRub, so that the user who
is installing NoseRub has everything running out of the box.

It is my understanding, that it would be no problem to let the user
(who installs NoseRub) install Shindig along and giving him some kind
of documentation on how to do it, so that it works with NoseRub,
right?

But I'd rather go with option one and bundle Shindig with NoseRub.
Anyone here who can enlighten my on this issue?

Thanks,
  Dirk

Re: Using Shindig in a MIT licensed project

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.
When I've had these sort of questions for my own open source projects
i've emailed the team over at http://www.softwarefreedom.org/ who
provide legal and licensing advice to non proft free software projects.

My experience is that they get back to you in about a week or so :-)

Cheers,
James

Posted by Dirk Olbertz <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>.