Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Alin Dreghiciu <ad...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/28 18:58:50 UTC

Refreshing packages does not work correctly?

Hi guys,

While working on FELIX-482 I had the following (interesting) situation:

1. I had obr bundle importing org.osgi.service.log package (not optional import)
2. On a new felix instance I installed the the osgi compendium bundle
that exports the log package
3. Installed obr bundle. The obr bundle gets resolved and could be
started (as expected till now)
4. Uninstalled the cosgi compendium bundle
5. Refreshed packages for obr bundle. But the obr bundle was still
resolved and could be started. This is the part I did not expect.

Is this a known bug? Out of curiosity I did the same on equinox/kf and
as expected on step 5 the obr bundle could not be resolved.

--
Alin Dreghiciu
http://www.ops4j.org - New Energy for OSS Communities - Open