Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jinhua Luo <lu...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/20 07:22:32 UTC

Add new slave to running cluster?

Hi All,

If I add new slave (start taskmanager on new host) which does not
included in the conf/slaves, I see below logs conintuously printed:
...Trying to register at JobManager...(attempt 147,
 timeout: 30000 milliseconds)

Is it normal? And does the new slave successfully added in the cluster?

Re: Add new slave to running cluster?

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
Hey Jinhua,

- The `slaves` file is only relevant for the startup scripts. You can
add as many task managers as you like by starting them manually.
- You can check the logs of the JobManager or its web UI
(jobmanager-host:8081) to see how many TMs have registered.
- The registration time out looks more like a misconfiguration to me.
Please verify that all task managers have the same configuration. If
the configuration looks good to you, it might be a network issue.

Does this help?

– Ufuk