Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <br...@users.sf.net> on 2013/11/08 22:19:31 UTC

[allura:tickets] Re: #6484 Move ForgeWiki mediawiki importer (GPL dep) into standalone importer

This importer should still use all the existing mechanisms of the script (connecting to a local database).  It'll be a little different from most other importers, but that's ok.  Since we're moving it to a separate repo, it won't be in Allura instances by default and won't confuse people then :)

I'd like to have all the connection details (database, attachment dir, etc) be hidden from the user.  So the user would just enter the project name that they want to import from.  This would mean some custom code to put together all the options since they aren't all static.  (e.g. we currently run the script with these options `--db_config_prefix=hostedapps.db. -a /nfs/sfa-mediawiki-content/project/f/fa/fancypants/ --db_name p_fancypants_mediawiki -n Projects -p fancypants`)

We don't need to be able to run this as a script at this point.  But if it makes more sense for the importer to call existing scripttask, that might be nice.

Perhaps the best thing to do at this point is create a ToolImporter that is SourceForge internal (in our forge-classic repo) that calls the existing scripttask with the proper parameters constructed.  And not worry about moving the wiki2markdown files out of the allura repo at this point.  I haven't looked at the code recently, so I might be forgetting something though.

---

** [tickets:#6484] Move ForgeWiki mediawiki importer (GPL dep) into standalone importer**

**Status:** in-progress
**Labels:** import 42cc
**Created:** Tue Jul 23, 2013 02:58 AM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:26 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

* Move forgewiki.command.wiki2markdown:Wiki2MarkDownCommand and everything that goes with it to a separate repo (e.g. a new SourceForge project for any non-Apache License importers)
* adapt it to use the ToolImporter framework
* remove items from requirements-optional.txt
* release it on pypi
* link to it from https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/wiki/Extensions/

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/