Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by yiyu jia <ji...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/27 01:17:09 UTC

Anybody know how to configure SSH for eclipse plugin

Hi,

Anybody tell me how to configure SSH for eclipse plugin? I guess eclipse
plugin use SSH to connect with Map/Reduce locations. But, I found that it
always use my local machine' s account name to connect with hadoop host
servers.

thanks and regards,

Yiyu

* Mr. Jia Yiyu                                *
*                                                   *
* Email: jia.yiyu@gmail.com          *
*                                                   *
* Web: http://yiyujia.blogspot.com/*

Re: Anybody know how to configure SSH for eclipse plugin

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Interesting, so this used to be present but isn't anymore? In any case, the
new project and the members behind it are your best bet for further
enhancements.

Posted by yiyu jia <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

thank you for info. But we do not need to use SSH if my client has no
problem to communicate with NN and TN right?

Also, I notice that this eclipse plugin always send my windows account name
to access HDFS. it keeps doing same thing even I change the
eclipse.plug-inuser.name in teh DFS edition panel. Do you know if the
problem from plugin itself or eclipse?

thank you!

Yiyu

Posted by Andy Isaacson <ad...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by yiyu jia <ji...@gmail.com>.
hi Harsh,

thank you for helps! I think I was blur yesterday. But, it is partly
misleaded by the comments in  HadoopServer.java file

 * <p>
 * This class does not create any SSH connection anymore. Tunneling must be
 * setup outside of Eclipse for now (using Putty or <tt>ssh -D&lt;port&gt;
 * &lt;host&gt;</tt>)
 *

thanks again!

yiyu

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Eclipse plugin communicates directly with the RPC servers of NN, DNs,
> and JT. It does not, in any way, use SSH to do this.
>
> If your machine can't setup a fully functional connection to the cluster,
> then the Eclipse plugin will currently not work and you have to fall back
> into doing the manual compile-jar -> scp -> invoke cycle, or rely on a
> local MR cluster (pseudo-distributed) or the local job runner (standalone)
> to test your programs.
>
> There is a proposal for splitting out the Eclipse plugin code to its own
> project, at
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/HadoopDevelopmentToolsProposal,
> and adding further enhancements to it. Perhaps when this project is setup,
> you can request for such a feature where the plugin may itself automate the
> jar production plus scp and invoke it at the other end - for such
> scenarios.
>

> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 1:25 AM, yiyu jia <ji...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Glen,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for response! I tried last night by setup ssh tunnel for
> > certain ports (like 9000 and 9001). Still not successful. My SSH
> > communication among servers are set to be passwordless with certification
> > file.
> >
> > I suspect eclipse plugin does not support SSH with password or
> > certification files. Anybody can confirm if my suspection is right or
> > wrong?
> >
> > thanks a lot!
> >
> > Yiyu
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Unsure, perhaps better to ask on the user@hadoop.apache.org list.
> > >
> > > Glen

> eclipse
> > it
> host

> > > --
> > > Glen Mazza
> > > Talend Community Coders - coders.talend.com
> > > blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza
> > >

> > --
> > * Mr. Jia Yiyu                                *
> > *                                                   *
> > * Email: jia.yiyu@gmail.com          *
> > *                                                   *
> > * Web: http://yiyujia.blogspot.com/*

> Harsh J

* Mr. Jia Yiyu                                *
*                                                   *
* Email: jia.yiyu@gmail.com          *
*                                                   *

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

Posted by yiyu jia <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,

Thanks a lot for response! I tried last night by setup ssh tunnel for
certain ports (like 9000 and 9001). Still not successful. My SSH
communication among servers are set to be passwordless with certification
file.

I suspect eclipse plugin does not support SSH with password or
certification files. Anybody can confirm if my suspection is right or wrong?

thanks a lot!

Yiyu

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com> wrote:

> Unsure, perhaps better to ask on the user@hadoop.apache.org list.
>
> Glen
>

> On 11/26/2012 07:17 PM, yiyu jia wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Anybody tell me how to configure SSH for eclipse plugin? I guess eclipse
>> plugin use SSH to connect with Map/Reduce locations. But, I found that it
>> always use my local machine' s account name to connect with hadoop host
>> servers.
>>
>> thanks and regards,
>>
>> Yiyu
>>

> --
> Glen Mazza
> Talend Community Coders - coders.talend.com
> blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza

* Mr. Jia Yiyu                                *
*                                                   *
* Email: jia.yiyu@gmail.com          *
*                                                   *

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.

--
Glen Mazza
blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza

Re: Anybody know how to configure SSH for eclipse plugin

Posted by yiyu jia <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

how to make eclipse plugin to support SSH connection that need password (or
using certification stored somewhere)?

thanks in advance!

Yiyu

Posted by yiyu jia <ji...@gmail.com>.