Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mike Perham <Mi...@webifysolutions.com> on 2006/02/16 20:08:52 UTC

resource filtering too aggressive?

I have ${product.version} in an xml file.  M2 replaces it with my POM
version.  Why?  It's not ${version} or ${pom.version} which are the two
instances I would think maven would replace.  In fact I do NOT want
Maven to replace this variable as it is a marketing version number with
a build id on the end, not the internal maven version so I'm trying to
figure out why it is so aggressive with its replacement.  If I change it
to ${ver}, M2 doesn't touch it.

mike