Posted to builds@apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2010/03/01 08:51:17 UTC

RE: [hudson] Killed subversion-1.6.x-solaris build 88

Hi Jukka,

> > The machine with all zones has now a load of 46 (!).
>
> I wonder if hudson.zones is on the same server. Perhaps we should
> reserve also hudson.zones only for tied jobs and push all untied
> builds to the Ubuntu servers (plus perhaps an experimental on-demand
> EC2 slave for which we may get some funding for next budget year).

As far as I know this is the same physical Solaris machine (hudson.zones and lucene.zones). But: The load of this machine seems to be increasing all the time. Before Xmas we had constantly a load of 16, one month ago about 30 and now 46. The Lucene/Solr Builds getting slower and slower each day. But one positive thing was that this slowdown caused some concurrency bugs in Lucene to appear and we were able to fix them (thread starvation).

There seem to be a lot new zones or some of the zones go crazy. As a zone use I have no chance to find out what jobs are running in other zones, I can only see the load. Maybe infra should look after the machine and give some hints what is using this server now so heavy?

Uwe