Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Massimiliano Giraldo <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/15 17:05:05 UTC

Assignment Fault - No results for expression

Hi all!

When I try to execute a service, created for ActiveBpel, modified and
correctly deployed on Ode, I have this error:

ERROR [ASSIGN] Assignment Fault:
{http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable}selectionFailure,lineNo=43,faultExplanation=No
results for expression: {OXPath10Expression
bs:Properties[bs:PropertyName='deviceID']/bs:PropertyValue

I read on the web (and in this mailing list too) that this error may be
generated by two reasons:
- the absense of <literal> element when I define the variable, before the
assignment.
- a problem of namespaces.
- different implementation of assignment between Active Bpel and Apache Ode.

In my bpel file, the variable is within <literal> and </literal> element,
with correct namespace.
The namespace of the query
"bs:Properties[bs:PropertyName='deviceID']/bs:PropertyValue" is correct too.

May be there another reason that can generate this error? Or was my analysis
wrong?

Thanks,
Max

-----
http://www.pcguide.netsons.org http://www.pcguide.netsons.org

Re: Assignment Fault - No results for expression

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Massimiliano,

Massimiliano Giraldo wrote:

> Should I include every <property> within literal element?

Yes, so each element you want to select later must be existing and
should therefore initialized beforehand.

Best,
   Tammo

Re: Assignment Fault - No results for expression

Posted by Massimiliano Giraldo <ma...@gmail.com>.
It's simply a copy & paste issue.
The expression in the code is correct! :-)

I don't remember where I copy that line. Maybe from the log... :confused:

Therefore, my hypothesis about "case sensitive" was wrong!

-----

Posted by Paul Brown <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 15, 2008, at 10:49 AM, Massimiliano Giraldo wrote:
> Mmm... Good Comment!
> Now I'm at home, so I can't see the code.
> Tomorrow I'll try to modify this thing!
> If the problem was this, this error means that ActiveBpel isn't case
> sensitive, whereas Apache Ode is case sensitive.

Could be anything, Massimiliano.  I've seen this sort of thing before
where an API was a thin passthrough to a database that wasn't set to
be case sensitive...

Historically (even back in the early days of BPEL doing vendor bake-
offs), ODE has tried to err on the side of correctness.  While this
seems to be the choice of "least surprise" for our users, it sometimes
ends up being surprising for users of less stringent
implementations... :)

-- Paul

Re: Assignment Fault - No results for expression

Posted by Massimiliano Giraldo <ma...@gmail.com>.
Mmm... Good Comment!
Now I'm at home, so I can't see the code.

Tomorrow I'll try to modify this thing!
If the problem was this, this error means that ActiveBpel isn't case
sensitive, whereas Apache Ode is case sensitive.

Thanks Alex

Max

-----

Posted by Massimiliano Giraldo <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tammo,

Active Bpel already initialize the whole variable with literal.

I have this structure:

<bpel:assign name ="setParameters">
   <bpel:copy>
      <bpel:from>
          <bpel:literal>
              <ns:invokeAction
			xmlns:ns="...">
                 <ns:actionName>...</ns:actionName>
		 <ns:compositionSessionID></ns:compositionSessionID>
	         <ns:baseServiceInstance>0</ns:baseServiceInstance>
		 <ns:properties>
			<ns:propertyName>deviceID</ns:propertyName>
			<ns:propertyValue></ns:propertyValue>
		 </ns:properties>
	      </ns:invokeAction>
         </bpel:literal>
      </bpel:from>
      <bpel:to part="invokeAction" variable="ClickAndFindMessage"/>
</bpel:copy>

And then I have many <copy>...</copy> structure where I have the queries in
XPath.

Should I include every <property> within literal element?

Cheers,
Max

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Massimiliano,

Posted by Massimiliano Giraldo <ma...@gmail.com>.
I found the solution (at least it works!).

I have modified the bpel file in Linux and then I used it in Windows to
verify if it works.
:working:
In the transfer from Linux to Windows, at the end of every line, some blank
spaces appeared.
It is due to the settings of the editor.

Thanks guys!  :handshake:

Max

-----
http://www.pcguide.netsons.org http://www.pcguide.netsons.org