Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/04 19:59:44 UTC

[ANN] "Ajax on Struts 2" Training at ApacheCon Europe

Hello.  I'm Chad Davis, one of the authors of Struts 2 in Action.

I'll be teaching a one day training on Struts 2 Ajax at the ApacheCon
Europe ( http://eu.apachecon.com/c/aceu2009/ ).  This course will work
for Struts 2 newbies as well as Struts 2 developers wanting to see how
the framework plays well with Ajax.  Here's a quick tick list of the
training's features:

Struts 2 Intro
Convention over Configuration with S2
Ajax on S2
JSON
JQuery Ajax API
Maven and S2

See the blurb at bottom of this page for more details.

TITLE:

"Ajax on Struts 2: How a Second Generation Web Application Framework
Meets the Demands of RIA"

LINK:   http://eu.apachecon.com/c/aceu2009/sessions/217

SUMMARY:

Struts 2 is a brand new, second generation web application framework.
Two criteria by which all new frameworks should be judged are ease of
development and compatibility with RIA techniques. If a new framework
is worth it's hype, it should ease your carpal tunnel syndrome ( less
typing! ) while simultaneously making Ajax, and other RIA techniques,
as natural and convenient as traditional models of web application
development. This training will try to provide two things. First,
we'll give everyone a hands-on introduction to Struts 2 development by
coding a "Hello World on steroids". In addition to demonstrating the
Struts 2 development flow, this pumped-up Hello World will also
demonstrate how to do Ajax on Struts 2. You'll get a peak at a day in
the life of a Struts 2 developer, and you'll also see how the
framework facilitates clean Ajax development. It's part intro, part
best practices. Bring your laptop and be ready to code. Ideally, have
a Java IDE and a servlet container ready to go. Team programming will
be encouraged ; teams of two should work best -- one typist and one
"listener". We're going to move fast, but it should work.

Re: [ANN] "Ajax on Struts 2" Training at ApacheCon Europe

Posted by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com>.
> Its good to hear... Is there any possibility of getting video of the session
> or the presentations.. this will be useful for the developers who are not
> able to come to the conference, at least for the developers in other
> countries...

They don't publish the trainings like that.  I'm not sure why.  But
I'll publish blog versions of everything either as I'm preparing the
training, or shortly after the training.  It won't be the same as
being in the room, but it will cover the same content.

My Blog:  http://zeroinsertionforce.blogspot.com/

Re: [ANN] "Ajax on Struts 2" Training at ApacheCon Europe