Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kev Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com> on 2004/12/28 12:57:46 UTC

FileUtils

Would it seriously break backwards compatibility to make the current
FileUtils a static class?

Looking at Expand earlier, I noticed several protected methods that
passed a FileUtils object as a parameter, if the FileUtils class was
static we could do away with a parameter being passed all the way down

execute ->
expandFile(fileUtils, source, dest) ->
extractFile(fileUtils, srcF, dir, zf.getInputStream(ze),
                            ze.getName(), new Date(ze.getTime()),
                            ze.isDirectory(), mapper);

Just a thought

Kev