Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Dirk Reinshagen_C <DR...@zaplet.com> on 2001/02/27 21:23:20 UTC

question about relation between soap engine and transport listene r

This may have been covered already, if so feel free to ignore...

I had question regarding the relationship between the transport
listeners and the soap engine.  It seems like in the current
soap implementation and all of the proposed new implementations
have the engine constructed in the transport listener.

For instance, in the AxisServlet it constructs a SimpleAxisEngine
if one does not already exist.  The question I had is why the
engine is not a singleton?  It seems like you would want to share
the same engine, therefore the same registry among all of the
different transport listeners.

In this scenario something like the following would occur in
each transport listener:

SimpleAxisEngine engine = SimpleAxisEngine.getInstance();
engine.invoke(msgContext);

Dirk