Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dirk van Deun <dv...@wilma.vub.ac.be> on 2004/03/09 16:06:07 UTC

database permissions

I'd like to do access control on a svn repository by simple unix group
permissions.  I can chown and chmod the files in .../db/... but I
notice that extra files get created when the repository is used (named
log.0000000002, log.0000000003,...).  Those do not get the ownership
and permissions of the rest of the files.  Is this fixable ?

I could ask the users to set their umask, and newgrp to the ad hoc
project group before using svn; and this is fine for developing on the
server itself, but it is impractical with svn+ssh-access.

Dirk van Deun
--
Licensed to (kill -9)

Re: database permissions

Posted by Mike Mason <mg...@thoughtworks.net>.
Dirk van Deun wrote:

>I'd like to do access control on a svn repository by simple unix group
>permissions.  I can chown and chmod the files in .../db/... but I
>notice that extra files get created when the repository is used (named
>log.0000000002, log.0000000003,...).  Those do not get the ownership
>and permissions of the rest of the files.  Is this fixable ?
>
>I could ask the users to set their umask, and newgrp to the ad hoc
>project group before using svn; and this is fine for developing on the
>server itself, but it is impractical with svn+ssh-access.

Use a wrapper that sets umask and does anything else required. There's
some discussion of this here:
http://www.contactor.se/~dast/svnusers/archive-2003-08/0548.shtml

Cheers,
Mike.