Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dario Di Minno <da...@yahoo.it> on 2004/04/15 11:24:02 UTC

which languages do support doc/lit style?

I developed a web service in doc/lit style using axis/java.
Which other languages (Perl, Flash, ...) do support doc/lit style so
that you can write a client for my web service?
I use attachments too.

Thank you.
Dario

RE: which languages do support doc/lit style?

Posted by Nelson Minar <ne...@monkey.org>.
>The scripting languages have pretty limited support for doc/literal

I can second that. Perl's SOAP::Lite has pretty much no support for
document/literal, although I've heard rumour that's being worked on.
Python's SOAPpy doesn't seem to have much support either. Python's ZSI
is promising: development has recently been picked up by a group who
is working with document/literal services written in Axis.

But even if these platforms don't support document/literal by some
miracle they're still able to interoperate with my Axis 1.2beta doc/lit
services. They seem to be sending all sorts of awful things (SOAP-ENC
arrays, etc) but Axis is able to figure out what they meant in many
circumstances. Not an ideal situation, but not hopeless either.

RE: which languages do support doc/lit style?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
The scripting languages have pretty limited support for doc/literal,
although the latest rev of NuSOAP (PHP) is pretty decent. See
http://www.scottnichol.com/soap.htm.

Macromedia supports Flash and Cold Fusion interoperability via Axis. There
are quite a few C/C++ implementations that support Doc/Literal: Axis C++
(still limited), Systinet WASP C++, and gSOAP.

Anne