Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/13 10:35:49 UTC

[VOTE] add Nicolas Lalevée as committer

Hi All,

Nicolas Lalevée has contributed a lot of patches to Ivy and IvyDE [1 to 10],
and has been actively involved in several discussions, especially about
IvyDE. He is always fair when giving his opinion, and often try to help
other users.

IvyDE is a subproject of Ivy considered as highly important by several users
[11], and Nicolas is greatly helping to improve it.

So I think he would make a good addition to our developer team, hence this
is a vote to make him a new committer.

Even though only votes cast by PMC members are binding [12], all votes are
welcome and important to us.

Here's my vote: +1

Xavier

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-704
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-702
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-646
[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-62
[5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-69
[6] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-66
[7] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-64
[8] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-76
[9] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-68
[10] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-63
[11] http://www.nabble.com/ivyde-again-td15352211.html#a15352211
[12] http://ant.apache.org/bylaws.html#Decision%20Making

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: [VOTE] add Nicolas Lalevée as committer

Posted by Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>.
+1

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, sorry this is a little late:

+1 from me, I still need to check out Ivy properly :( hopefully this
year I'll have the time.

Oh and happy Tet (happy lunar new year - year of the rat).
(chuc mung nam moi, mau ty)
Kev

Re: [VOTE] add Nicolas Lalevée as committer

Posted by Martijn Kruithof <jk...@apache.org>.
+1
Martijn

Re: AW: [VOTE][RESULT] add Nicolas Lalevée as committer

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Nicolas Lalevée <
nicolas.lalevee@anyware-tech.com> wrote:

> > > I'm pleased to

> committer.

> need

> > > I am honoured to be part of the Apache family. :)
> > >
> > > Following the tradition let's introduce myself.
> > >
> > > I am 27 years old, french, and I live in Toulouse, while
> > > being in the heart a
> > > mediterranean as all my childhood was in front of the see.
> > >
> > > I started to not only use computers but try to improve them
> > > with a Ti-89
> > > calculator [1]. So I started at a very low level with some
> > > 68k asm, and then
> > > I quickly learned C to avoid some headache.
> > >
> > > Then I discovered Java in my french engineering school which
> > > I found pretty
> > > cool in transforming segmentation faults into NPEs. After my
> > > graduation I did
> > > an internship at Anyware Technologies where I discovered the web
> > > applications, the open source and the Apache Foundation via
> > > Sylvain Wallez.
> > > Thank you Sylvain for introducing me to the Apache projects,
> > > but most of all
> > > to the community aspect of the foundation.
> > >
> > > Working on different projects I learned first about Cocoon,
> > > then I did some
> > > Eclipse plugins. After that I deeply looked into Lucene, also
> > > OpenRDF, and
> > > learned about Ivy after some maven frustration. I also get
> > > interested by
> > > Husdon, did an Ivy plugin and became a committer there. Then
> > > little on my own
> > > (I would like to thank my managers to allow me to do so) I
> > > decided to try to
> > > make IvyDE work because I was bugging me and a lot of my
> > > colleagues, forcing
> > > us to use some tricks. I had some difficulties to enter into
> > > the Eclipse JDT
> > > framework, but some thread on the ivy user mailing list keep
> > > me investigating
> > > bugs. Now that I know deeper Eclipse, I will continue to
> > > improve IvyDE
> > > because I think that even if Ant + Ivy can be a standalone
> > > core build system,
> > > tools for users do make the difference between a application
> > > and a great
> > > application.
> > >
> > > Thank you everyone!
> > >
> > > Nicolas
> > >
> > > [1] http://www.hibnet.org/ti.php
> > >
> > > PS: special dedication to my father who wrote me a dedication in his
> > > book : "you have to contribute to the open source !". Done dad ! ;)
> >
> > Welcome Nicolas.
> > Maybe you could update the committer page when you have commit rights.
>
> I got my commits rights,

Excellent!

> it is time to test them :)
>
> But I am not sure which page you are talking about. There is this one :
> http://ant.apache.org/contributors.html
>
> But I don't see Xavier, Maarten or Gilles over there.
> And as far as I know there isn't a such page on the ivy site.
>
> So only reference to them I have found is there:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/ivy/core/trunk/RELEASE_NOTES

Indeed, there is no committers page on the site, sorry for the confusion.
The files I suggest to update are the RELEASE_NOTES and CHANGES.txt in
trunk.

Then I guess you already have plenty of code to check in in IvyDE :-)

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: AW: [VOTE][RESULT] add Nicolas Lalevée as committer

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.
Le lundi 25 février 2008, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de a écrit :
> > > With 13 binding +1, 1 non binding, and one "accordez moi",
> >
> > I'm pleased to
> >
> > > announce that this vote passed successfully.
> > >
> > > Nicolas, we are honoured to welcome you as a new Apache Ant committer.
> > >
> > > I will contact you in private to give you some details on what you need
> > > to do now to wear your ASF committer hat :-)
> > >
> > > Welcome aboard!
> >
> > I am honoured to be part of the Apache family. :)
> >
> > Following the tradition let's introduce myself.
> >
> > I am 27 years old, french, and I live in Toulouse, while
> > being in the heart a
> > mediterranean as all my childhood was in front of the see.
> >
> > I started to not only use computers but try to improve them
> > with a Ti-89
> > calculator [1]. So I started at a very low level with some
> > 68k asm, and then
> > I quickly learned C to avoid some headache.
> >
> > Then I discovered Java in my french engineering school which
> > I found pretty
> > cool in transforming segmentation faults into NPEs. After my
> > graduation I did
> > an internship at Anyware Technologies where I discovered the web
> > applications, the open source and the Apache Foundation via
> > Sylvain Wallez.
> > Thank you Sylvain for introducing me to the Apache projects,
> > but most of all
> > to the community aspect of the foundation.
> >
> > Working on different projects I learned first about Cocoon,
> > then I did some
> > Eclipse plugins. After that I deeply looked into Lucene, also
> > OpenRDF, and
> > learned about Ivy after some maven frustration. I also get
> > interested by
> > Husdon, did an Ivy plugin and became a committer there. Then
> > little on my own
> > (I would like to thank my managers to allow me to do so) I
> > decided to try to
> > make IvyDE work because I was bugging me and a lot of my
> > colleagues, forcing
> > us to use some tricks. I had some difficulties to enter into
> > the Eclipse JDT
> > framework, but some thread on the ivy user mailing list keep
> > me investigating
> > bugs. Now that I know deeper Eclipse, I will continue to
> > improve IvyDE
> > because I think that even if Ant + Ivy can be a standalone
> > core build system,
> > tools for users do make the difference between a application
> > and a great
> > application.
> >
> > Thank you everyone!
> >
> > Nicolas
> >
> > [1] http://www.hibnet.org/ti.php
> >
> > PS: special dedication to my father who wrote me a dedication in his
> > book : "you have to contribute to the open source !". Done dad ! ;)
>
> Welcome Nicolas.
> Maybe you could update the committer page when you have commit rights.

I got my commits rights, it is time to test them :)

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
> > With 13 binding +1, 1 non binding, and one "accordez moi",
> I'm pleased to
> > announce that this vote passed successfully.
> >
> > Nicolas, we are honoured to welcome you as a new Apache Ant committer.
> >
> > I will contact you in private to give you some details on what you need to
> > do now to wear your ASF committer hat :-)
> >
> > Welcome aboard!
>

> I am honoured to be part of the Apache family. :)
>
> Following the tradition let's introduce myself.
>
> I am 27 years old, french, and I live in Toulouse, while
> being in the heart a
> mediterranean as all my childhood was in front of the see.
>
> I started to not only use computers but try to improve them
> with a Ti-89
> calculator [1]. So I started at a very low level with some
> 68k asm, and then
> I quickly learned C to avoid some headache.
>
> Then I discovered Java in my french engineering school which
> I found pretty
> cool in transforming segmentation faults into NPEs. After my
> graduation I did
> an internship at Anyware Technologies where I discovered the web
> applications, the open source and the Apache Foundation via
> Sylvain Wallez.
> Thank you Sylvain for introducing me to the Apache projects,
> but most of all
> to the community aspect of the foundation.
>
> Working on different projects I learned first about Cocoon,
> then I did some
> Eclipse plugins. After that I deeply looked into Lucene, also
> OpenRDF, and
> learned about Ivy after some maven frustration. I also get
> interested by
> Husdon, did an Ivy plugin and became a committer there. Then
> little on my own
> (I would like to thank my managers to allow me to do so) I
> decided to try to
> make IvyDE work because I was bugging me and a lot of my
> colleagues, forcing
> us to use some tricks. I had some difficulties to enter into
> the Eclipse JDT
> framework, but some thread on the ivy user mailing list keep
> me investigating
> bugs. Now that I know deeper Eclipse, I will continue to
> improve IvyDE
> because I think that even if Ant + Ivy can be a standalone
> core build system,
> tools for users do make the difference between a application
> and a great
> application.
>
> Thank you everyone!
>
> Nicolas
>
> [1] http://www.hibnet.org/ti.php
>
> PS: special dedication to my father who wrote me a dedication in his
> book : "you have to contribute to the open source !". Done dad ! ;)

Welcome Nicolas.
Maybe you could update the committer page when you have commit rights.

Jan

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] add Nicolas Lalevée as committer

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.

--
Nicolas LALEVÉE
ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES

[VOTE][RESULT] add Nicolas Lalevée as committer

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Xavier Hanin wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Nicolas Lalevée has contributed a lot of patches to Ivy and IvyDE [1 to 10],
> and has been actively involved in several discussions, especially about
> IvyDE. He is always fair when giving his opinion, and often try to help
> other users.
>
> IvyDE is a subproject of Ivy considered as highly important by several users
> [11], and Nicolas is greatly helping to improve it.
>
> So I think he would make a good addition to our developer team, hence this
> is a vote to make him a new committer.
>
> Even though only votes cast by PMC members are binding [12], all votes are
> welcome and important to us.
>
> Here's my vote: +1

and mine +1
Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/

Re: [VOTE] add Nicolas Lalevée as committer

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Even though only votes cast by PMC members are binding [12], all
> votes are welcome and important to us.

+1

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] add Nicolas Lalevée as committer

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 13, 2008 3:06 PM, Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2008 3:35 AM, Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Even though only votes cast by PMC members are binding [12], all votes are
> > welcome and important to us.
>
> +1. --DD
+1 Peter

Re: [VOTE] add Nicolas Lalevée as committer

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 13, 2008 3:35 AM, Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Even though only votes cast by PMC members are binding [12], all votes are
> welcome and important to us.

+1. --DD

Re: [VOTE] add Nicolas Lalevée as committer

Posted by Adrian Sandor <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi, if this helps towards an IvyDE release, you have my non-binding +1 :)

Adrian

AW: [VOTE] add Nicolas Lalevée as committer

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Nicolas Lalevée <
nicolas.lalevee@anyware-tech.com> wrote:

> Le mercredi 13 février 2008, Xavier Hanin a écrit :
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Nicolas Lalevée has contributed a lot of patches to Ivy and IvyDE [1 to
> > 10], and has been actively involved in several discussions, especially
> > about IvyDE. He is always fair when giving his opinion, and often try to
> > help other users.
> >
> > IvyDE is a subproject of Ivy considered as highly important by several
> > users [11], and Nicolas is greatly helping to improve it.
> >
> > So I think he would make a good addition to our developer team, hence
> this
> > is a vote to make him a new committer.
> >
> > Even though only votes cast by PMC members are binding [12], all votes
> are
> > welcome and important to us.
> >
> > Here's my vote: +1
> >
> > Xavier
> >
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-704
> > [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-702
> > [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-646
> > [4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-62
> > [5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-69
> > [6] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-66
> > [7] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-64
> > [8] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-76
> > [9] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-68
> > [10] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-63
> > [11] http://www.nabble.com/ivyde-again-td15352211.html#a15352211
> > [12] http://ant.apache.org/bylaws.html#Decision%20Making
>

> Thanks you all of you, and also for the incoming votes !
> It would a be an honor to join the Apache community ! :)

We still need to wait for the end of the vote timeframe (one week), but it
seems that your committership is on very good way!

I guess you can already prepare your ICLA [1], I bet your employer already
know the process pretty well :-)

Xavier
[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>.
Xavier Hanin wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Nicolas Lalevée has contributed a lot of patches to Ivy and IvyDE [1 to 10],
> and has been actively involved in several discussions, especially about
> IvyDE. He is always fair when giving his opinion, and often try to help
> other users.
>
> IvyDE is a subproject of Ivy considered as highly important by several users
> [11], and Nicolas is greatly helping to improve it.
>
> So I think he would make a good addition to our developer team, hence this
> is a vote to make him a new committer.
>
> Even though only votes cast by PMC members are binding [12], all votes are
> welcome and important to us.
>
> Here's my vote: +1

+1

Conor

Re: [VOTE] add Nicolas Lalev�e as committer

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
No more Eclipse freezes!  ;)  Especially important if
we're to adopt Ivy at work in the future.

+1

-Matt

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Accordez moi