Posted to users@apex.apache.org by "Raja.Aravapalli" <Ra...@target.com> on 2016/07/24 01:25:26 UTC

Restart of a failed application with "-originalAppId"

Hi,

When I tried to restart a failed application with “-originalAppId” parameter, it took a very long time like approx. 45mins to actually launch application again.

Is this an expected behaviour ? Or can someone share your thoughts on if I am doing something wrong ??

Regards,
Raja.

Re: Restart of a failed application with "-originalAppId"

Posted by Bhupesh Chawda <bh...@apache.org>.
Hi Raja,

Can you check how large is your application directory, which you are
restarting?

Also, are there any exceptions in the YARN logs when you try to restart,
during those 45 minutes? If possible can you also share the logs?

~ Bhupesh

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 6:55 AM, Raja.Aravapalli <Raja.Aravapalli@target.com