Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2012/11/26 15:52:01 UTC

Unit Test Hack Fest - Collab Conference

Hi all,

I'm hosting a unit test authoring hack fest [1] at the collab
conference (scheduled for Sunday at 11 AM local time).  For those of
you attending, I'd love to have you swing by and help grow our test
coverage!

Along those lines, I've created a list (in order of complexity) of the
classes that I'll suggest people start to tackle.  I'd love if folks
could review and comment...  is there a major change happening in the
(for example) Javeline branch that would make unit tests for one of
these classes obsolete in the short term?  Is someone already working
on coverage in the area discussed?

I've tried to exclude those classes (specifically our two most complex
ones) that were auto-generated from some other source (the examples
came from the EC2 WSDL).

Here's the top of the list:

com.cloud.configuration.ConfigurationManagerImpl
com.cloud.network.NetworkManagerImpl
com.cloud.bridge.service.core.ec2.EC2Engine
com.cloud.api.ApiResponseHelper
com.cloud.agent.resource.virtualnetwork.VirtualRoutingResource
com.cloud.stack.CloudStackApi
com.cloud.network.firewall.FirewallManagerImpl
com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.discoverer.XcpServerDiscoverer
com.cloud.network.resource.NiciraNvpResource

I think those are the highest complexity calcs (at the class level),
and I can always keep digging through Sonar to find the next set
(depending on attendance).

Thanks!

-chip

[1] http://collab12.cloudstack.org/schedule/presentation/8/

RE: Unit Test Hack Fest - Collab Conference

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hey Chip,

Seems you listed one of "my" classes in there, so I will have to attend!

Looking forward to the collab :-)

Cheers,

Hugo