Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sarah Haff <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/16 01:40:35 UTC

stopping Cocoon cleanly

Hello All,

I am coccon 2.1.3 (with Jetty). How can I cleanly
(normally) SHUTDOWN cocoon, i.e. without using ctrl-c

Thanks.
Sarah

Re: stopping Cocoon cleanly

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Sarah Haff wrote:

>so there is no clean way to stop Cocoon 2.1.3 if I am
>not using full Jetty??? That sounds strange....

Not that I know of. Remember, it is only intended for testing/development.

In my experience, jetty usually catches a CTRL_C and shuts down
reasonably gracefully.

However, if you wanted to patch cocoon.bat/cocoon.sh so that cocoon
servlet-stop called the jetty stop jar, I'm sure we wouldn't complain ;-)

Regards, Upayavira

Re: stopping Cocoon cleanly

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Sarah Haff wrote:
> so there is no clean way to stop Cocoon 2.1.3 if I am
> not using full Jetty??? That sounds strange....

In all my tests components are cleanly disposed of (i.e., Disposable
components have their dispose() method called on shutdown).  As
Upayavira mentioned, Jetty should catch the Ctrl-C and shut down the web
container (and therefore Cocoon) cleanly.  Have you seen evidence that
this may not be happening correctly?

In any case, if there is any issue, it is with the stripped down jetty
we ship for demo convenience, not with Cocoon itself.

Geoff

Re: stopping Cocoon cleanly

Posted by Sarah Haff <sa...@yahoo.com>.

Re: stopping Cocoon cleanly