Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by ja...@amos.mailshell.com on 2002/04/15 17:46:05 UTC

Found the bug? - RE: Creation Date for a WebdavResource - bug?

Hi,

I am looking through the sources of WebdavResource and see that when
parseDate(String) fails to parse a date string it simply returns a null and
the set is skipped.  Maybe the date is in an unrecognized format?

Try maybe upping the debug level to 7 (debug) or set debug in the command
line client and see if you can find the string as returned from the server
(I think you should be able, the command line client is very verbose in
debug
mode).

The acceptable formats (from WebdavResource.java) are:

"EEE, dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss zzz"
"EEE MMM dd HH:mm:ss zzz yyyy"
"EEEEEE, dd-MMM-yy HH:mm:ss zzz"
"EEE MMMM d HH:mm:ss yyyy"
"yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss'Z'"
"yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.sss'Z'"

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

--Amos

(The folly of not using exceptions to mark errors?)

amos.mailshell.com]