Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/25 22:56:20 UTC

problem with web site staging build

I just committed the new consultants listing for "infolearn" to
/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/bizdev/consultants.html

and much to my surprise, The buldbot has erred out.

See info at:
https://ci.apache.org/builders/ooo-site-site-staging/builds/6/steps/compile/logs/stdio

I've done updates to this listing before without issue.
Any ideas? Do I have an svn setup issue at my end? Or???

MzK

"Way down deep, we're all motivated by
 the  same urges.  Cats have the courage
 to live by them."
                        -- Jim Davis

Re: problem with web site staging build

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 31/07/2015 Marcus wrote:
> if you would at least give me a link to the mail then I can create an
> JIRA issue. I've searched in Infra mailing lists but didn't found a
> respective mail from you.

I'm lost in the archives too. My mail was sent 26 July to infrastructure
at apache.org, so the first one of those listed at
http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-mail (it is probably archived somewhere,
but I don't know where).

Anyway, here's the JIRA ticket:

   Andrea.

Re: problem with web site staging build

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 07/31/2015 03:10 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>> The first one is rather odd. Why is it looking for character
>> encoding in a PNG file?
>
> Filenames are the issue, not the actual file contents.
>
> I can't do it right now, but if you can find my mail to the Infra list
> "CMS issue: Can't convert string from 'UTF-8' to native encoding" and
> turn it into a JIRA ticket maybe this will get some more attention. I'll
> do it and provide the link in a few hours unless someone else manages to
> do it before then (and I am perfectly happy if someone takes over!).

if you would at least give me a link to the mail then I can create an
JIRA issue. I've searched in Infra mailing lists but didn't found a
respective mail from you.

Thanks

Marcus

Re: problem with web site staging build

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Rob Weir wrote:
> The first one is rather odd.   Why is it looking for character
> encoding in a PNG file?

Filenames are the issue, not the actual file contents.

I can't do it right now, but if you can find my mail to the Infra list
"CMS issue: Can't convert string from 'UTF-8' to native encoding" and
turn it into a JIRA ticket maybe this will get some more attention. I'll
do it and provide the link in a few hours unless someone else manages to
do it before then (and I am perfectly happy if someone takes over!).

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: problem with web site staging build

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@robweir.com>.
I just checked in a website file and got a build error as well:

Invalid argument: Can't convert string from 'UTF-8' to native
encoding:: /usr/home/cmsslave/slave15/ooo-site-site-staging/build/trunk/content/de/doc/howto_2_0/draw/pics/in_3D_Rotationsko?\204?\136rper.png
at /usr/local/cms/build/lib/ASF/SVNUtil.pm line 36
Invalid argument: Can't convert string from 'UTF-8' to native
encoding:: /usr/local/websites/ooo-site/trunk/content/fr/Documentation/Guides/fr_FR.aff.documente?\204?\129
at /usr/local/cms/build/lib/ASF/SVNUtil.pm line 36

The first one is rather odd.   Why is it looking for character
encoding in a PNG file?

-Rob

Posted by marcus <ma...@apache.org>.
Sorry that it took longer than expected but finally the change is now
online:

http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html

Marcus

>>> Andrea.

Re: problem with web site staging build

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by | Stelios Lambropoulos | <st...@test4u.eu>.
Hello,
We saw there was a problem with buildbot about the consultants listing for "infolearn”.
Is there anything we can do? Should we reapply/resend?

This is the infolearn XML file

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <consultants>

     <consultant>
         <name>infolearn - TEST4U.eu</name>
         <country>Global</country>
         <practice>Certification</practice>
         <practice>Training</practice>
         <practice>Development</practice>
        <description>
             Infolearn offers a complete range of Apache OpenOffice
             (Writer, Calc, Impress, Base) in-application tests through TEST4U.
             TEST4U is an automated test which cooperates with the actual
             applications instead of flash simulation and can be used to:
             - prepare the students for certification examinations (e.g. ECDL/ICDL, DIPLOMA etc)
             - train and assess employees.
             TEST4U with its 700 000 users and 7 000 000 000 (yes 7 billion)
             served questions since 2003 is worldwide the only application
             that works with all these applications in a real working environment.
         </description>
         <website>https://www.test4u.eu/en/e-tests/apache-openoffice</website>
         <email>info@test4u.eu</email>
         <phone>+30 2310 888 771</phone>
     </consultant>

  </consultants>

Greeting from Greece
The TEST4U Team

On 07/26/2015 12:48 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 25/07/2015 Kay Schenk wrote:
>> I just committed the new consultants listing for "infolearn" to
>> /openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/bizdev/consultants.html
>> and much to my surprise, The buldbot has erred out.
>> See info at:
>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/ooo-site-site-staging/builds/6/steps/c
>> ompile/logs/stdio
>>

> Reading the logs, it seems this has nothing to do with your specific
> updated, but rather with two filenames that use non-ASCII characters.
>
> I've fixed the two reported ones (well this is not necessarily a bug
> in the file names; they always worked so far, so this may be an issue
> with the new buildbot setup) to check:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/r1692695
>
> http://svn.apache.org/r1692696
>
> Let's see if this gets rid of warnings. The affected files were unused
> (even if I took care of renaming where helpful) and had names like
> (hoping they get rendered correctly in mail clients): excepții.css
> with a special t and ProjectMembersh…equestHelp.html with a literal "..."
> character, of course due to some mistake.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Thanks for looking deeper into this, Andrea. The most recent buildbot log indicates we still have issues. So, it does look like a new issue with the buildbot setup at this point.

MzK

"Way down deep, we're all motivated by
 the  same urges.  Cats have the courage  to live by them."
                        -- Jim Davis

---
Αυτό το e-mail ελέγχθηκε για ιούς από το πρόγραμμα Avast antivirus.

Re: problem with web site staging build

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Also from my side a big thank you. Good to see that is was an easy fix.

Marcus

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.

--
Tony

Re: problem with web site staging build

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Done.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
@Andrea:

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> On 27/07/2015 Marcus wrote:
>
>> As the error message is changing with every build, I don't think that
>> the problem is within the webpages.
>>

> It was changing at every build as a result of me fixing filenames; but of
> course, after the first few fixes, it would now be useless to proceed until
> we don't have problematic filenames any longer. This is likely related to
> the new buildbot setup mentioned at
> https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/buildbot_master_currently_off_line
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

It seems things were OK after this as our last successful build of the main
web site was on July 15.

I think our problems  are related to the svn issues after that, around July
19th. I will be commenting on the issue shortly.

MzK

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
                                                          --Lao Tzu

Re: problem with web site staging build

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
As the error message is changing with every build, I don't think that
the problem is within the webpages.

Let's see what the Infra team can find out.

Marcus

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.