Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gregg D Bolinger <gt...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/09 21:08:59 UTC

4.0 application config

The <property> element appears to no longer be valid in the
.application file.  I was using it to specify my own Visit class.  Is
there an element that has replaced this or it is done differently now.

Gregg Bolinger

Re: 4.0 application config

Posted by Gregg D Bolinger <gt...@gmail.com>.
Ok, so it looks like the visit-class now has to be configured in the
HiveMind deployment descriptor.  Is this correct?

Re: 4.0 application config

Posted by Gregg D Bolinger <gt...@gmail.com>.
COOL!  Thanks Erik.  That helped A LOT!

Gregg

Re: 4.0 application config

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
3.0 -> 4.0:

Re: 4.0 application config

Posted by Jamie <ja...@dang.com>.

Re: 4.0 application config

Posted by Gregg D Bolinger <gt...@gmail.com>.
Somehow this just went to howard the last time.

GREAT!  Thanks.  I'm sure that will get just what I need.

Gregg

Re: 4.0 application config

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Going too fast for me own good ...

http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/current/UsersGuide/spec.html#spec.changes

is the specific details about renames and changes in the DTDs.  The other URL

http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/current/UsersGuide/upgrade.html

Covers the wider view (i.e., what to change in your Java file).

On 5/9/05, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gregg,
>
> I appreciate that you're steaming ahead into unchartered 4.0 alpha
> territories, but ...
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/current/UsersGuide/upgrade.html
>
> There is documentation to describe exactly what's changed.
>
> On 5/9/05, Gregg D Bolinger <gt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yeah, I do see the new attributes.  But they don't make sense anymore.
> >  Example....
> >
> > 3.0 way:
> > <property-specification name="password" type="java.lang.String"
> > persistent="no"/>
> >
> > 4.0 way?
> > <property name="password" initial-value="" persist="no"/>
> >
> > I can only assume that initial-value is optional and I  don't have to
> > specify the type anymore?
> >
> > I would test it but I can't even get a simple hello app to work yet
> > because I don't have a clear line of site on what all JAR's are needed
> > now beyond the hivemind jars and the latest is I get an exception that
> > it can't find the 4.0 DTD when parsing the .page files.  Yes, I know I
> > could still just use 3.0 but I'd like to help Howard et al by testing
> > all the 4.0 specifics.
> >
> > Gregg
> >

> > On 5/9/05, Jamie <ja...@dang.com> wrote:
> > > Gregg, if you're pointing at the new 4.0 DTD and you've got completion,
> > > then you should be able to see the new valid attributes. Otherwise, have
> > > a look into the DTD itself to get a quick overview of the changes to the
> > >   elements and attributes.

> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
> Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: 4.0 application config

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Gregg,

I appreciate that you're steaming ahead into unchartered 4.0 alpha
territories, but ...

http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/current/UsersGuide/upgrade.html

There is documentation to describe exactly what's changed.

On 5/9/05, Gregg D Bolinger <gt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I do see the new attributes.  But they don't make sense anymore.
>  Example....
>
> 3.0 way:
> <property-specification name="password" type="java.lang.String"
> persistent="no"/>
>
> 4.0 way?
> <property name="password" initial-value="" persist="no"/>
>
> I can only assume that initial-value is optional and I  don't have to
> specify the type anymore?
>
> I would test it but I can't even get a simple hello app to work yet
> because I don't have a clear line of site on what all JAR's are needed
> now beyond the hivemind jars and the latest is I get an exception that
> it can't find the 4.0 DTD when parsing the .page files.  Yes, I know I
> could still just use 3.0 but I'd like to help Howard et al by testing
> all the 4.0 specifics.
>
> Gregg
>

> On 5/9/05, Jamie <ja...@dang.com> wrote:
> > Gregg, if you're pointing at the new 4.0 DTD and you've got completion,
> > then you should be able to see the new valid attributes. Otherwise, have
> > a look into the DTD itself to get a quick overview of the changes to the
> >   elements and attributes.
> >
> > Gregg D Bolinger wrote:
> > > Looks like things have changed in the .page files as well.
> > > <property-specification> is no longer valid.  I looked at <property>
> > > but then type and persisistent attributes are not valid.  What is used
> > > now?  Are .page files still needed at all?
> > >
> > > Gregg

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind