Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andoni <an...@indigo.ie> on 2003/03/27 17:26:38 UTC

Tomcat stops logging at random times.

Hello.

I am running Tomcat 4.0.4.  At some random point during the day my logging
(which I do using a filter in server.xml) just stops and I get no log output
for the rest of that day until Tomcat gets rebooted later that night by an
automated batch procedure I have set up.

There is plenty of space on the disk drive.
The time at which it stops logging changes
It can stop (and usually does) half-way through a line of output.
Tomcat continues working after it stops logging.
Different Hosts (of which I now have 4) stop logging at different times.
Logging stops at random file sizes.

Weird eh!!  Has anybody seen this before?  Is it a 4.0.4 thing?

Thanks in advance,

Andoni.

Re: Tomcat stops logging at random times.

Posted by xyber <xy...@bp.geoview.hu>.
maybe one of the servltes or jsp's "capture" system.out and not release it?

xyb