Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sriram <sr...@nunet-tech.com> on 2003/07/16 15:41:32 UTC

WARNING: invalid welcome file

Hi,

This may be slightly out of topic..but I need some suggestions in this regard. Probably someone has encountered this problem before.

In my struts application's web.xml, I've defined welcome page as follows:

<welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>/jsp/Login.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

When I deploy it on JBoss Windows environment, it's working fine.

When I deploy it on JBoss Linux environment, it's showing a msg:
WARNING: invalid welcome file: /jsp/Login.jsp

And in the browser, when I try to view
http://<servername>:8080/appName
(where appName is the name of .ear file I've deployed),
It's displaying /jsp/Login.jsp, but none of the style sheets and images are obtained.

When I type the entire path in the browser (as below)
http://<servername>:8080/appName/jsp/Login.jsp, then everything is perfect.

Any clue why this is happening?

Sriram