Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Soheil Eizadi <se...@infoblox.com> on 2013/09/13 20:35:53 UTC

Advanced Networking Public Network Service Providers

In the Advanced Networking use cases you have two physical networks (Public and Guest Networks). What is the reason for the GUI not providing Network Service Provider configuration for the Public Network?
Thanks,
-Soheil

RE: Advanced Networking Public Network Service Providers

Posted by Soheil Eizadi <se...@infoblox.com>.
The main use case is providing DNS for the Public Network, but could also provide DHCP and IP Address Management once we work out the Interface for making External IPAM authoritative for CloudStack.

Yes agree, much of the discussion on the thread you attached applies here also, is it more complicated than enabling the UI to prompt for a service offering to be bound to the public network and GUI to configure providers?
-Soheil
What services would you provide on the public network?
I see a similar discussion here:
http://goo.gl/eESveL

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.