Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Artur Zawlocki <a_...@poczta.onet.pl> on 2000/05/22 16:15:49 UTC

character encoding

Hello,

I've got an XML file encoded in ISO-8859-2, it starts with:

  <?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "iso-8859-2"?>

and an XSL stylesheet converting it to a HTML:

  <?cocoon-process type = "xslt"?>
  <?xml-stylesheet href = "path/filename.xsl" type = "text/xsl"?>

After processing it with Cocoon 1.7.4, all latin-2 characters encoded
in ISO-8859-2 are translated to entities corresponding to latin-1
characters with the same codes. How can I get ISO-8859-2 encoding in
the output instead? Maybe it's a problem with the parser that cocoon
XSLT transformer uses -- when I use Xalan's XSLT processor from the
command line (invoking org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main) resulting
document is encoded in ISO-8859-2 as I expected. Should I set some
parser/cocoon properties?

If it's relevant: I'm using Cocoon 1.7.4 with Tomcat 3.1 on a linux box.

Regards,
Artur