Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Oliver Krohne <ok...@yahoo.de> on 2009/07/28 13:01:53 UTC

Thanks Wicket-Team!

Hi,

Many thanks to the Wicket-Team for the great Framework and
of course for the support I have received from the mailinglist.

I started with zero-Wicket knowledge and now 4 month later
we have launched a new community website:

http://fytch.com

It is based on Wicket, Spring, OpenJPA, Lucene, PostgreSQL.

I would be glad if you try out Fytch and of course any feedback is welcome.
Should I put Fytch on the wiki "Sites using Wicket"?

Thanks for the fabulous Wicket,
Oliver

Re: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by Alex Objelean <al...@yahoo.com>.
That's impressive! Nice concept, looks very good... I'll use it :).

Alex

Re: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by Alan Garfield <al...@fromorbit.com>.
On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 00:38 +0200, Erik Post wrote:

> Having typed all of that, maybe I should just write a tutorial
> myself... Oh well, my 2c.

+1 for that! I'd love to see an more balanced reasoning than the obvious
"just use spring" too. More JPA/Hibernate/JavaEE integration
documentation would also be nice.

Cheers,
Alan.

Re: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by Dane Laverty <da...@gmail.com>.
Erik, I'd certainly be happy for you to do that :)

Re: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by Erik Post <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

Re: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by okrohne <ok...@yahoo.de>.
Csaba,

indeed a quick test some weeks ago with opera showed no problems but we had
not
the time to fully test opera yet. We must not only test the wicket part but
the bookmarklet as well.
I am sure we will get this solved within in the next days and then I will
let you know.

Thanks,
Oliver

Re: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by Gajo Csaba <cg...@i-rose.si>.

Re: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by Petr Fejfar <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:31 AM, okrohne<ok...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> So customizing existing wicket ajax components or adding
> ajax to components was not so easy for me.

Hi Oliver,

please, could you share with us what ajaxified compontets you have finally
used in your project?

This stuff seems to be the most difficult for us as well.

Thanks, Petr

Re: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
Well, I must say that this is an impressive site for four months of
development time if you had no web, html, or js experience before!  I
think your version of "steep learning curve" may be different than
most.  I've seen people who write webapps for a living not be able to
fully grasp a framework in three or four months.

Thanks for the input!

Re: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by okrohne <ok...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Jeremy,

Re: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

RE: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by okrohne <ok...@yahoo.de>.
Hi José

RE: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Re: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by "ivilis <vytautas.civilis@gmail.com>" <Vytautas>.
very impressive idea and amazing implementation.
Thanks for this great stuff.

Cheers!
cvl

Re: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
Yeah.. cool ! You guys got your site goin' on 4real!

**
Martin

AW: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by Arthur Leigh Allen <ar...@yahoo.de>.
Gute Arbeit Leute und viel Erfolg mit dem Projekt.
Ich hoffe wir ziehen auch bald nach :)

Gruß
Arthur

Re: Thanks Wicket-Team!

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Good work.  Now, if I can only learn wicket as well as you have! :)