Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sundar Chakravarthy <sc...@doas.ga.gov> on 2002/07/24 14:55:28 UTC

Poolman with Tomcat

Hi

I have Tomcat  4.0.4 / Apache 1.3 working with mod_jk.
I am trying  to integrate poolman 2.0 into the system.

Here is what I think I should do,

1. Place poolman.xml in WEB-INF/classes directory of the application
2. Place poolman.jar in WEB-INF/lib directory , I believe Tomcat 4x
comes with
    most of the other required libs.
3. Setup JNDI based Datasource
4. Write code to invoke JNDI Datasource i.e pool for each db request.

The question is - does poolman make use of JNDI inside Tomcat
automatically or
do I have to configure one manually with Tomcat?

Any best practises ?

Unfortunately, tomcat pooling did not work for me . Any reason why
Tomcat
does not come with DB Pooling by default ? Why would anyone not use
pooling ? Beats me.

TIA