Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Satish Kaveti <Sa...@sick.com> on 2009/11/23 18:23:44 UTC

Invalid port number from FTP client

I am working on application in which six FTP clients are sending images to
FtpServer. Occasionally, the client sends a invalid PORT number (PORT
0,0,0,0,0,0). The FtpServer server accepts the port number and starts
processing the following STOR command. It sends 150 response. But during
the call to openConnection inside STOR.execute( ) an exception is caught
and the server responds with code 425. It is causing the FTP client to
hang. Is it possible to detect invalid port number and respond with
response 451 ?

Thanks

Satish Kaveti
Software Engineer

SICK, Inc.
Automatic Identification Solutions
800 Technology Center Drive
Suite 6
Stoughton, MA  02072 USA
Direct: 781.302.2525
Phone: 781.302.2500
Fax: 781.828.3150
http://www.sickusa.com

Re: Invalid port number from FTP client

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Satish Kaveti <Sa...@sick.com> wrote:
> I am working on application in which six FTP clients are sending images to
> FtpServer. Occasionally, the client sends a invalid PORT number (PORT
> 0,0,0,0,0,0). The FtpServer server accepts the port number and starts
> processing the following STOR command. It sends 150 response. But during
> the call to openConnection inside STOR.execute( ) an exception is caught
> and the server responds with code 425. It is causing the FTP client to
> hang. Is it possible to detect invalid port number and respond with
> response 451 ?

Yes, I think we should fix this (and you should probably get that
client fixed as well :-). Could you please add a JIRA issue for this
and we'll have a look at it?

/niklas