Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by John Engilis <jo...@wblgx.com> on 2003/06/18 19:56:40 UTC

Calling values by their key in a vector of hashtables...

I would like to iterate over a vector of hash tables and then pull the
values from the hashtable by the key...  Will JSTL allow me to do this??

I've read through some JSTL books and I can see that one is able to iterate
over a vector with a forEach and then over a hashtable in the same fashion
displaying the keys and their associated value (in no specific order that
they were entered), but I'd like to be able to call a value by the key at
that point...  Is that possible??

John Engilis

Re: Calling values by their key in a vector of hashtables...

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.
John Engilis wrote:
> I would like to iterate over a vector of hash tables and then pull the
> values from the hashtable by the key...  Will JSTL allow me to do this??
>
> I've read through some JSTL books and I can see that one is able to iterate
> over a vector with a forEach and then over a hashtable in the same fashion
> displaying the keys and their associated value (in no specific order that
> they were entered), but I'd like to be able to call a value by the key at
> that point...  Is that possible??

Sure:

   <c:forEach items="${myVector}" var="aMap">
     <c:out value="${aMap.aKey}" />
   </c:forEach>

Since you already know the key names, just use them; no need to loop
over them.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten                                <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>