Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2010/09/08 23:49:06 UTC

Little possible flaw in VUA-210 solution

Hi,

For VUA-210 I have introduced something new in OFBiz. It works but there is a little flaw. It's not due to this enhancement but to
the nature of the problem at hand. And is, I guess, mostly the reason why this has not been tempted before.
When we look for names in the list it's possible (tough should be rare) to have at least twice the same name. Then the system is
unable to return the right record (this is why Ids are used OOTB, it's of course simpler and avoid any ambiguities).

In such case, the tooltip at the right of the button with not show (as we don't have any sure information from the server). I
propose to show an alert message (javascript) and to suggest the user to use the lookup button, since it avoids any ambiguities. I
propose to also fill the tooltip with the same message as a reminder (instead of the Id we don't have).

Jacques

Re: svn commit: r993508 - /ofbiz/trunk/framework/images/webapp/images/selectall.js

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
OK, anyway forget it, it was actually an issue due to data and not the process

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>