Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "hugogus@voila.fr" <hu...@voila.fr> on 2003/07/08 17:25:15 UTC

[NET] Security with the FTP client

Hello everybody,

I downloaded your package commons-net-1.0.0 and I use it particularly for the FTP classes provided.
It works perfectly and it provides everything I need to access a FTP server.

On the other hand, it does not provide security features like SSL or SSH.
Could someone tell me how I could implement security but still using this package. I don't wat to write my own FTP client as
this one is what I was looking for. I've seen that the J2SDK 1.4 provides JSSE (Java Secure Socket Extensions), could it be
possible to use it in conjunction with commons-net ?

Thanks in advance.

Hugo.