Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Gisle Aas <aa...@bergen.sn.no> on 1996/05/02 08:17:31 UTC

Re: mod_perl testing

In message <19...@mailbox.osf.org>, Doug MacEachern writes:
> It's not quite there yet, but enough is there for testing.

Good to hear that you have progress.

> o Currently, we keep the 'Authorization' header from the script.
>   opinions?

I know several applications that could do something useful with this
header.  Can't we make this an option in the configuartion files of
Apache, (and make the same option pass the Authorization header to CGI
scripts as well.)

> o Should we have an Apache.pm file?  Currently mod_perl does the 'bootstrap
> Apache'.

Fewer files means faster startup!

> o Some methods such as $r->set_content_type could stand to loose the set_ pre
fix
>   provided then return a value.
>
>   $ct = $r->content_type; #get it
>   $r->content_type("text/html"); #set it
>
>   opinions?

This is pretty standard for perl modules.  Just do it.

> o Add other methods would be handy to have.

I am sure they will pop up as we go along...

Regards,
Gisle